6/6/11

Love this time of year ~

when the garden is freshly planted and the grass is green.  Early mornings are cool and the critters are out and trying to wake up the world.  This morning it was just my ds and I out working and its so nice to be able to spend some one on one with each of my children doing things that they love and enjoy!  I need to find a way to take some better pics ;)















Collard Greens










Tomatoes










One side of my garden, the little faint bloom is Butternut Squash :)










The other side of my garden













Every year I try to add a new herb or two/three/four to the garden. This year it's French Tarragon, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Balm, & Rosemary.















I think this is a hot banana pepper, we also planted Jalepeno's, Cheyenne, & Bell













Using what they had my younger two fixed up a shiny artsy scarecrow to try to keep the birds away from our bean rows, lol!






Amazing to think in a few short weeks this empty looking garden will look very full and be producing mouth watering goodness!   Are you a gardener? If so, leave me a link to pics of your garden and tell me what you're growing  :)



5 comments:

Becky D @ Kings Down Road said...

It looks wonderful, Priscilla!! I didn't get one planted this year, and now it's too hot here. Maybe in the Fall...

Vintage Precious said...

It's GORGEOUS!!! How cute, love the scarecrow :) That sounds like a wonderful idea! I think I need to make one with the my preciouses, they'd love it.

Katrina said...

Love the scarecrow :) Sadly, no garden here - we just don't have a good spot for it because we're surrounded by trees. Can't wait to see some of the goodies that come from your garden!

Jana said...

Your garden looks so neat and tidy. I adore it! I bet you are going to get a lot of yummy veggies for your family.
xo jana

onesnevertooold said...

Great pics of your lovely garden and what a wonderful way to spend time with your kids. Love the scarecrow and just goes to show the awesome power of a kids imagination. Absolutely marvelous!! Thanks for sharing.