5/28/11

Gifts from across the deep blue sea.

I participated in my first ever homeschool swap ~ it was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it!  My swap partner was the lovely Penny all the way from England and I was stunned by the bounty of gifts she sent!


















First, let me just say I had no idea I was going to get Christmas in May! Penny sent a taste of Europe in a box, things that they enjoy everyday that would be new to us ~ quite amazing job she did too!

Here's what was included ~
Irish porridge oats
Rich Italian ground coffee
Two Twinings teas unavailable Stateside ~
        Blossom Earl Grey & Royal Wedding Commemorative Blend
Cookies/biscuits (which have already been devoured by my children ;)
Strawberry Jam from France
Scottish Shortbread in a commemorative tin
Country Living mag ~ English edition (which I totally love)
Easy Living mag ~ never heard of but rather fascinating and it included a Cath Kidson bag
A lovely magnet for my refridgerator
A super cool key chain
Stationary with the cutest cats playing (which I now use for notes taken while at the computer)
An adorable cat picture frame
& some lovely smelling handcream!

She also sent a postcard with a picture of her village and the local village magazine.  I now totally want to go to England and visit with her and have her take me sightseeing!  A huge thank you and hug to Penny ~ I feel so spoiled! I hope she liked her gift even though it was nowhere near as extravagant.

Here is a link if you are a homeschool mom and would love to participate ~ it is a great way to meet new friends, send a blessing to someone else and get some fun surprises in the mail yourself :)



4 comments:

Tess said...

Oh wow, that looks like a lot of fun! What a great box she put together! Actually just looking at this has made me hungry for some jam and biscuits :)

Becky D @ Kings Down Road said...

What fun!!

Vintage Precious said...

Wow, what treasure! I bet that mag is Lovely! I'm guessing you weren't able to send her a Sonic jr. double cheese burger with jalapeno's :D

Katrina said...

That's so cool! Looks like you definitely hit the swapping jackpot - blossom Earl Grey tea sounds fantastic by the way :) Enjoy!