11/8/11

Rolling with the seasons.




I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving + Christmas.  The weather turning colder is not something I look forward to, however, I am learning to appreciate the unique opportunities it brings with it.  Such as the snuggling under a quilt on the couch while we read our nightly read aloud. Speaking of which, yesterday we set up our Christmas tree solely for the purpose of enjoying the little twinkling white lights while we snuggle up with our good reading.

Another benefit of the colder weather is the necessity it makes one feel to deep clean the house.  I don't know about you but the desire to clean the house waxes + wanes here.  Sometimes we feel all fired up and then the feeling goes away + we do what we must to maintain decent surroundings.  There really is too much to do + to see to spend too much time slaving over work that is so quickly undone ;) At least that is what I have come to believe, lol!

What do you enjoy that is something just enjoyed as the weather turns colder?


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Like you, I get more done inside when the weather is cooler.

I love that you have your Christmas tree up! If all goes well, ours will be up next week.