5/4/10

Wow! What a day...

Today was a great day that started off a little rough as I have been battling a double ear infection that has been very painful.  However, it turned out being a fabulous day!  First my children and I worked a little around the house getting some necessary things done.  Then it was off to drop my oldest to her work as a Mother's helper.  There we dropped her off and picked up 3 of the children and off to the park we went.  I was able to walk on a beautiful walking path and pray, soak up the sun, and just breathe the fresh air in peace while the children played.  From there we snuck down to our local Sonics and got their happy hour drinks which when you order a small per person is only .50 each and cheaper than buying a can of soda pop yet healthier as it has fruit in it.  Well, at least mine did!  I love their Lime real fruit slushes.  Can you say refreshing? 

So after getting all the kids some sugar, uh, I mean slushes we came back to my house to work a little more on my garden, which is just in the preparation stage at this point and soon to be in the planting.  By the way, did I mention my wonderful hubby fixed it to where my tools and even the hose is now right next to the garden and much easier for me?  Well, he did!  I sure do love that man.  So back to our day... I never got much prep work done on my garden but the boys and there were 3, fixed them up a little fort of sorts and of course I had to help!!  LOL!  Then we gathered sticks to have a little fire and roast marshmallows but of course, they are never here when you need them, so a trip to the store was called for.  And then we noticed on the way to the store the storm clouds rolling in.  They were beautiful too!  I didn't have my camera but a friend on the other side of town had hers and here is what she caught...
Isn't that amazing?  We never actually got to have our little roasting fire but I did get everyone a push up to make up for it and there will be many more days for roasting marshmallows not that we are in Springtime!  So my day was wonderful, filled with many laughing children, sunshine, a beautiful cloud display that contained lightening and thunder and complete with ice cream.  What could be better than that?

1 comment:

CyndeJo said...

What an amazing photo!!!