6/10/10

Things are growing!

I am loving gardening more and more as the years go by.  Such a relaxing and rewarding pastime!
If you garden and want to share pics with me I would love that.  Just leave a comment and a link and I will check it out!  I love learning and improving~

my first try at growing potatoes...



zucchini

my first try at ever growing beets...

love my banana peppers!

another new first... guess what it is?  If you guessed asparagus, you got it right!

beautiful zucchini

can you have a garden without pumpkin?

cucumbers

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice! I thought you can't eat/harvest the asparagus the first year you do it...like you need to wait a few years of it growing or something? I don't know if I'm remembering that incorrectly. Right now I have a rhubarb patch (that was there when I bought the house) and I have three cherry tomato plants right by my back door. I love vegetables from the garden!

Priscilla of Gardenmis said...

You are right! Asparagus has to wait til the following Spring to be harvested if you plant 2 year crowns, which I did :) If you plant 1 year crowns then you have to wait 2 years, which I would not have enough patience for that, lol! I also will be able to harvest rhubarb come next Spring and it will be a first as no one in my family ever plants it. So looking forward to some fresh goodness from the garden... it is just heavenly :)